For vaccination of healthy cattle 22 months or older against mastitis caused by Klebsiella pneumoniae.
Dosage: 2 ml subcut. Revaccinate in 2-4 weeks. Heifers should receive their first dose 30 days after calving. Dry cows should be vaccinated twice before calving. Whole-herd vaccination may be done at any stage of lactation. The need for annual booster vaccination has not been established; consult with a veterinarian. Heifers less than 22 months of age should not receive this product until 30 days after calving. 60 day slaughter withdrawal.
Anaphylactoid reactions may occur. Antidote: Epinephrine.
U.S. Lic. No. 365.
Key features and benefits:
• Vaxxon SRP has shown to reduce the prevalence of mastitis in the herd by 71%
• Incidence rate of a cow getting mastitis one or more times was reduced by 76%
• Vaccinated cows stay in the herd longer; regardless of mastitis infections
• Somatic cell count was reduced by 42% in vaccinated cattle
• 2 lb/day gain in milk production per cow, compared to non-vaccinated cows
(based on results from Iowa State University research, Patrick Gorden, DVM, Ph. D.)
View Manufacturer and/or Label Information: