- Controls tapeworms, intestinal worms, stomach worms and lungworms, plus liver flukes
- The only drench dewormer that controls Cooperia spp., Ostertagia ostertagi and liver flukes
- Offers the broadest parasite control in the oral drench dewormer category, with 25 different parasites and larval stages covered
- Controls the fourth stage larvae of five key internal parasites and the inhibited larvae of Ostertagia ostertagi
Broad-spectrum anthelmintic for oral administration, effective in the removal and control of liver flukes, stomach worms, tapeworms, intestinal worms and lungworms in cattle and sheep. Also for treatment of adult liver flukes in non-lactating goats.
Contains 113.6 mg albendazole per ml.
Administer orally. Dosage: Cattle - 4 ml per 100 lbs body wt; Sheep - 0.75 ml per 25 lbs body wt; Goats - 4 ml per 100 lbs body wt. Do not use in female dairy cattle of breeding age or lactating does.
Do not administer to female cattle during the first 45 days of pregnancy or for 45 days after removal of bulls. Do not administer to ewes during the first 30 days of pregnancy or for 30 days after removal of rams.
Slaughter withdrawal: Cattle - 27 days; Sheep and Goats - 7 days.
What is the advantage of a larger volume dosage?
Benzimidazole products, like Valbazen, work through direct contact with the parasite. With a large rumen/abomasum, a larger volume dose is more likely to expose parasites to the active ingredient and can help improve product efficacy. It is also important to give the product more time to work by slowing the rate of passage by the rumen through reduced feeding or fasting prior to administration.1, 2
Is timing of administration a factor in controlling liver flukes?
Timing is critical for use of Valbazen to control liver flukes because the product is only effective against the adult form (minimal efficacy against the larval stages). Much of the damage to an animal’s liver occurs during the immature larval migrations. By controlling the life cycle location that can produce eggs (adults), we can effectively reduce pasture contamination (depending on weather conditions) and positively impact subsequent cattle generations. The timing of when adults appear varies based on available moisture and environment. Work with your veterinarian to determine the best time to administer.
Why should producers be concerned about protecting their cattle from parasites?
Parasites are found in all forage situations.
Internal parasites cause numerous problems:
- Suppress appetite and reduce feed intake
- Reduced nutritional intake through decreased ability to digest and absorb nutrients
- Inhibit immune system to cause cattle to respond poorly to vaccines and disease challenges
Reduced nutrition intake impacts many aspects of animal performance including:
- Feed efficiency
- Immune response
Why invest in a brand name parasite control product?
- Zoetis adheres to high standards in its manufacturing facilities.
- Valbazen has stood the test of time with producers and veterinarians by effectively controlling internal parasites including liver flukes, tapeworms and Cooperia sp.
2 Moreno L, Echevarria F, Munoz F, Alvarez L, Sanchez-Bruni S, Lanusse C. Dose-dependent activity of albendazole against benzimidazole-resistant nematodes in sheep: relationship between pharmacokinetics and efficacy. Exp Parasit. 2004;106:150-157.
Our helpful, friendly and knowledgeable Animal Health Product Experts are ready to serve you, simply...
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-321-0235 to help answer any questions or help you find what you need. We look forward to hearing from you!
We honor Zoetis Leader’s Edge Contract Pricing on this item. Please Log In to see your Zoetis Leader’s Edge Contract Pricing on file with us for your account. If your price does not reflect Leader’s Edge Contract Pricing or if you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com or 800-321-0235, so we can address it promptly. Your satisfaction is Priority #1!
You May Also Like
Dectomax Cattle Dewormer Pour-On
Bovi-Shield GOLD FP 5 L5 Cattle Vaccine
CattleMaster GOLD FP 5 L5 Cattle Vaccine