- Check out the latest improvements to the applicator in the video above!
- Features quick delivery, accurate placement and an effective seal
- 4 gm syringe delivers easy syringeability and superior in-teat performance
- Click the link below for more helpful information:
Indicated as an aid in the prevention of new intramammary infections throughout the dry period by providing a malleable barrier in the teat canal. This results in a reduction in the incidence of clinical mastitis for the entire dry period by preventing bacteria from entering the teat canal. Antibiotic-free.
Applicator features large plunger thumb pad for comfort and control, decreased plunger diameter and improved syringeability due to larger tip opening.
Contains 4 gm of intramammary infusion composed of 65% bismuth subnitrate.
Directions: For use on cattle. After last milking at dry-off, clean and disinfect teats with alcohol swab and infuse entire contents of one syringe into each quarter. Do not massage teat following infusion. If an antibiotic is infused into teat, teat should be swabbed with alcohol again prior to infusion with U-Seal.
Removal: Do not remove by action of the milking machine. To reduce potential for U-Seal accumulation in milking machines, aggressively hand-strip U-Seal out of every quarter, 10-12 strips per quarter, before milking fresh cows. Bucket-milk fresh cows for a minimum of three milkings, if possible.Pail/24 includes 24-4 gm syringes and 40 teat wipes; Pail/144 includes 144-4 gm syringes and 200 teat wipes.
• They form an effective seal
• They persist throughout the dry period
• They strip out easily
• They are insoluble to milk and harmless to calves
• As much as 68% during the dry period1
• 20% - 30% reduction in early lactation1
1. Presentation – Minnesota Dairy Days (2010): “Giving Dry Cow Mastitis the Boot,” Godden, S, Renau, J, Farnsworth, R, Bey, R; University of Minnesota Extension Service
2. “Management of the Dry Cow to Prevent Mastitis, (2012)”, Arnold, M. DVM, Bewley, J, Extension article U of KY, Dept. Animal & Food Sciences
Our helpful, friendly and knowledgeable Animal Health Product Experts are ready to serve you, simply...
Email email@example.com or call 800-321-0235 to help answer any questions or help you find what you need. We look forward to hearing from you!
You May Also Like
Merck Animal Health
LOCKOUT Teat Sealant for Dairy Cattle
ToMORROW (Cephapirin Benzathine) Dry Cow Mastitis Treatment