- Features quick delivery, accurate placement and an effective seal
- 4 gm syringe delivers easy syringe-ability and superior in-teat performance
- 200 teat wipes included
Indicated as an aid in the prevention of new intramammary infections throughout the dry period by providing a malleable barrier in the teat canal. This results in a reduction in the incidence of clinical mastitis for the entire dry period by preventing bacteria from entering the teat canal. Antibiotic-free.
Directions: For use on cattle. After last milking at dry-off, clean and disinfect teats with alcohol swab and infuse entire contents of one syringe into each quarter. Do not massage teat following infusion. If an antibiotic is infused into teat, teat should be swabbed with alcohol again prior to infusion with U-Seal.
Removal: Do not remove by action of the milking machine. To reduce potential for U-Seal accumulation in milking machines, aggressively hand-strip U-Seal out of every quarter, 10-12 strips per quarter, before milking fresh cows. Bucket-milk fresh cows for a minimum of three milkings, if possible.
Pail includes 144-4 gm syringes and 200 teat wipes.
• They form an effective seal
• They persist throughout the dry period
• They strip out easily
• They are insoluble to milk and harmless to calves
• As much as 68% during the dry period1
• 20% - 30% reduction in early lactation1
1. Presentation – Minnesota Dairy Days (2010): “Giving Dry Cow Mastitis the Boot,” Godden, S, Renau, J, Farnsworth, R, Bey, R; University of Minnesota Extension Service
2. “Management of the Dry Cow to Prevent Mastitis, (2012)”, Arnold, M. DVM, Bewley, J, Extension article U of KY, Dept. Animal & Food Sciences
You May Also Like