- 50 colorful wooden letters
- 8 two-sided cutout boards
- 100% screen free!
- Give kids one of each letter, "a" through "z." Ask them to place the letters in alphabetical order. Once they have successfully completed the alphabet, have them identify the color of each letter.
- Place the letters "at" on a flat surface. Ask kids if there are words they are able to spell by placing a single letter in front of the "at." For example: bat, cat, fat, hat, mat, pat, rat, sat, or vat. Try other word endings like "ad," "an," or "ame."
- Place eight boards in front of kids. Say an initial letter sound. Have kids remove any board(s) with that initial sound. Repeat the activity until all the panels have been removed.
- Allow kids to choose either side of any panel. Ask them to identify the letters needed to spell the word and to repeat the image's initial letter sound.