- Get calmer, quieter calves post-weaning
- For every $1 you spend with FerAppease, you gain $20 MORE
- As seen in National Cattlemen, Hoard’s Dairyman and Progressive Dairy
- Easy to administer! Simply apply to back of head and above nostrils
The first and only technology that mitigates stress and its negative effects in cattle of all ages. Gives calves the comfort of being with mom. Each ml contains 100 mg of the maternal bovine appeasing substance (MBAS), a natural secretion produced by nursing cows that decreases threat perception and provides a sense of comfort to calves.
When should I use FerAppease?
FerAppease can and should be used every time animals are exposed to management and physiological stressors. Stressful management strategies such as weaning, dehorning, castration, branding, transportation, commingling and vaccination. Stressful physiological events such as parturition, interruption of lactation (dry off) and breeding.
5 Additional Benefits of FerAppease You Can't Miss
- Increased consumption of starter feed which leads to improved weight gain
- Easier parlor loading; safer for both calves and handlers
- Fewer cases of morbidity and mortality
- Increased antibody production after vaccination
- Improved recovery after calves have been treated for BRD
"Calves are visually calmer, heavier and healthier." Dennis Eldred - Owner, Willet Dairy Farm, New YorkRead more in our article Calf Stressed After Weaning?
How is FerAppease applied?
For use in healthy cattle by topical administration to the skin on back of the head and the skin above the nostrils. Adult cattle - Apply 5 ml to the back of the head and a second 5 ml application above the nostrils. Youngstock - Apply 2.5 ml to the back of the head and a second 2.5 ml application above the nostrils. One bottle treats 30 adult cattle or 60 young stock.
Want to know more about the science behind FerAppease and how it can provide a great ROI?
View helpful manufacturer/label information: