- For overall coat and skin health as well as weight gain
- NASC member
- 60 day money back guarantee
Provides a balanced blend of vegetable and fish oils that
can be fed to all classes of horses. Ingredients help improve overall skin and
coat quality as well as providing additional calories to assist in weight gain
or weight maintenance during exercise.
Each oz contains min 98% crude fat, min 98% total free fatty acids, soybean oil, corn oil, flax seed oil, wheat germ oil, fish oil, rice oil, vitamin E supplement and citric acid.
Directions: Can be fed with fortified or unfortified grains. Fortified grains contain added vitamins and minerals. Maintenance - 1-4 oz daily; Performance - 4-8 oz daily; Lactation - 5-8 oz daily; Weight gain - 6-16 oz daily. Introduce gradually to avoid loose stool. If loose stool occurs, decrease amount until horse adapts.
What makes dac Total Performance different?
• Blend of Vegetable Oils – Fats and oils are commonly used to increase the calorie content of the feed or to replace the calories supplied by carbohydrates. Fat supplementation has many benefits including, providing calories for weight gain and providing essential fatty acids to improve skin and coat condition. Feeding fat has also been reported to decrease excitability in nervous horses. Vegetable oils are highly digestible, in excess of 90% digestible by horses. On an equal weight basis, vegetable oil provides horses with 2.5 times the digestible energy of corn and nearly 3 times the digestible energy of feeding oats. Reducing the amount of grain in the diet may decrease the risk of colic and grain overload laminitis.
• Essential Fatty Acids – Linoleic (omega-6) and alpha-linolenic (omega-3) acid cannot be synthesized by the body and must be supplied in their diet. Both omega-3 and -6 fatty acids are considered essential to the horse and may possess the following beneficial properties: increase red blood cell count, increase semen quality, increase vitamin E status and decreases inflammation.
• Fish Oil – Very high in omega-3 essential fatty acids which enhance overall health in horses and have been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties. Essential fatty acids cannot be synthesized by the horses and therefore must be provided in their diet.
• Flaxseed – High in omega-3 essential fatty acids which enhance overall health in horses and have been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties. Essential fatty acids cannot be synthesized by the horses and therefore must be provided in their diet.
• Vitamin E – A fat-soluble vitamin that has an important role as a potent antioxidant.
You May Also Like
Dac Direct Action Company