Last modified: 8/20/18
PBS Animal Health respects your privacy and is committed to protecting the security of your personal data and other personally identifiable information (“PII”). This Privacy Notice describes how PBS Animal Health and its parent company and associated entities. (collectively, "we," or "us") collect and process your personal data. This Privacy Notice describes the categories of personal data that we collect, how we use your personal data, how we secure your personal data, and when we may disclose your personal data to third parties. We will process your personal data in accordance with this Privacy Notice unless you consent, or as otherwise required by applicable law.
It is important that you read this privacy notice, together with any other privacy notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you, so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data.
PLEASE NOTE: Children Under the Age of
Our Website is not intended for use by children under 18 years of age. If you are under 18 years old, you must have a parent or legal guardian register and/or make the purchase for you. Please do not make any purchases through the Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name.
We encourage parents to talk with their children about using the Internet safely and the dangers of communicating with strangers and disclosing personal information online. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you would like to request that we delete any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at WeCare@pbsanimalhealth.com
THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store, and transfer different kinds of
personal data about you which we have grouped together as
• Identity Data which includes first name, last name, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
• Contact Data which includes billing address, delivery address, email address, and telephone numbers.
• Financial Data which includes bank account and payment card details.
• Transaction Data which includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services that you have purchased from us.
• Technical Data which includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, browser use, time zone setting and location, the length of time of your visit, the pages you looked at on our site, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
• Profile Data which includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
• Usage Data which includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
• Marketing and Communications Data which includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We may also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data under the law, as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we will treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you, including through:
• Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms, electronically or otherwise, or by corresponding with us in person or by post, phone, email or any other method. This includes personal data you provide when, for example, you:
• create an account on our website
• fill out a “Contact Us” or “Request More Information” form on our website
• order our products or services
• subscribe to our service or publications
• request marketing to be sent to you
• enter a competition, promotion or survey
• give us feedback
• Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, web beacons, server logs and other similar technologies.
• Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
• Technical Data from analytics providers, marketing tools providers, and search information providers.
• Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services;
• Identity and Contact Data from data brokers or aggregators; or
• Identity and Contact Data from publicly available sources.
HOW WE WILL USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may process your personal data for the following purposes as well as for the purposes of performing any service contracts we may have with you:
• To register you as a new customer
• To process and deliver your order
• To manage payments, fees and charges
• To collect and recover money owed to us
• To manage our relationship with you and provide you with effective customer support
• New feature announcements
• When asking you to leave a review or take a survey
• To verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with promotions, contests and sweepstakes
• To enforce our terms and conditions
• To administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)
• To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you
• To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences
• To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you
• To comply with applicable law
• To perform other functions as described to you at the time of collection
We may also process your personal data:
• To prevent fraud.
• To administer IT services, ensure network and information security, including preventing unauthorized access to our computer and electronic communications systems and preventing malicious software distribution.
Use of Information We Collect Through Automatic Data
We use third-party service providers, such as Google, to serve ads on our behalf across the Internet. They may collect anonymous information about your visit and interaction with our products. They may also use information about you to target ads for products and services that may be of interest to you. They may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser to enable you to receive customized ads. Demographic or other interest data may be associated with your browser or device in a non-personally identifiable manner. We also may use automated data collection technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and
may include personal information or we may maintain it or
associate it with personal information we collect in other ways
or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website
and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including
by enabling us to:
· Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
· Speed up your searches.
· Recognize you when you return to our Website.
· Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may
· Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
You can request to opt out of receiving promotional marketing emails by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of any email that you receive from our Company, or by emailing us at email@example.com.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. For example, you may easily opt out of Google’s advertising services by visiting Google's Ad Settings.
THIRD PARTY SOURCES
HOW WE MAY SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out above:
• Internal/External Third Parties such as:
• Vendors and service providers acting as processors who provide IT and system administration services;
• Professional advisers and other agents and representatives acting as processors or joint controllers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services; or
• Third-parties that conduct customer satisfaction surveys on behalf of PBS Animal Health.
We may also disclose your personal data for the following additional purposes where permitted or required by applicable law:
• To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
• To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
• If a business transfer or change in ownership occurs and the disclosure is necessary to complete the transaction. In these circumstances, we will limit data sharing to what is absolutely necessary and we will anonymize the data where possible.
• As part of our regular internal reporting activities.
• To comply with legal obligations or valid legal processes such as search warrants, subpoenas, or court orders. When we disclose your personal data to comply with a legal obligation or legal process, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that we only disclose the minimum personal data necessary for the specific purpose and circumstances.
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of PBS Animal Health, our customers, or others. (This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.)
• Where the personal data is publicly available.
• For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
• For additional purposes with your consent where such consent is required by law.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to WeCare@pbsanimalhealth.com .
HOW DO WE ENSURE THE SECURITY OF YOUR
PBS Animal Health has put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know.
In the event that the security of any personal customer information stored by us is compromised, we will provide the affected customers with notice of such breach in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay. This notice shall be posted on our website, and, depending upon the extent of the breach and the nature of the information compromised, we may also provide affected customers with personalized notice in writing, by e-mail, or by telephone.
Please note: the safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have been provided or chosen a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.